This past Wednesday teachers and students at Lynden Christian broke the monotony of the regular schedule and spent a day learning outside of school. Activities included tours of Victoria, Vancouver, Boeing Airplane plant, golfing, surfing, and many more. (Outside the walls happens once every four years). I was fortunate enough to be able to go hiking with 15 students and my supervising teacher Jon Van Hulzen. We headed to the base of Mount Baker and hiked Heliotrope Ridge which leads to one of the biggest glaciers that comes off of the mountain. Unfortunately it rained most of the time. I had rain gear so I was ok. The students on the other hand were drenched from head to toe for 4 hours...so they were not as excited about hanging out by the glacier as I was. Pretty cool school day though, no one disagreed with that.

-Jon Van Hulzen (my supervising teacher w/ his dad) teaches the students about the valley below.

-Nels likes the waterfall!

-Waterfall on the trail.

-Matt and David...notice the carhart...they grew up in Sutton, Nebraska.

-You can tell they are a bit colder than I am in this picture :)
1 comment:
I felt a strange sadness watching you drive away last night. =( I hope your last day was great...safe journey!
Post a Comment