Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Dakota Christian

I am once again a new face, learning tons of new names, being talked about by students, trying fit in with faculty, and trying to not to look like an idiot in front of all these people. So far it has been pretty successful..minus the little incident yesterday where I walked in the wrong classroom, looked around, students all gave me a very strange look, and I walked back out to the sounds of hysterical laughter in the background.

It is getting a bit difficult to stay "Sharp" when I sit and observe for most of the day. Its way to easy to glaze over (I suppose that is why high school students are not always thrilled about it either).

I really like South Dakota. I feel a lot closer to nature. People are very personable and kids don't seem to be so stuck on themselves (not that LC kids are). I haven't taught yet, but I am looking forward to it. Classes are a lot smaller...which is kinda nice.

I love living with the Ruters. Its great to have friends so close! I feel a lot less independent. This is a good thing. I hope to post a few pictures soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'd like to see pics of where you live and the school.
Thanks for blogging.
MOM