I woke up this morning excited to have a cup of coffee and go to class. This has happend only one other monday in my entire life. I have been thinking about this day for a 2 years now...but up until today I always forgot about it when it came around. I guess that is probably because April 30 is usually pretty busy around Dordt, but still...I felt a little bad.
I saw probably three other people wearing orange today besides me, but I don't know if they knew the significance of the color on this day.
That is my only clue......
what day is it?
5 comments:
On April 30, 1789, George Washington delivered his first inaugural address
April 30 is the 120th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar
On April 30, 1975, the South Vietnamese capital of Saigon fell to Communist forces
In 1945, Adolf Hitler committed suicide
The day that the yellow of the Dordt Defenders clashed with the red of the Northwestern Raiders and blam…Orange spilled out.
10 days left of classes with your friends.
I give up.
nope...good guesses though
On April 30th, Holland celebrates Queen’s Day — an annual feast initially established in honor of our previous Queen’s birthday.
There are celebrations throughout the Netherlands, but for hundreds of thousands of Dutch folks, Amsterdam is the party center of choice. Small wonder: it is the scene of the world’s biggest street — and canal — party.
-jf
Very good...jf.
i lovey ou chad
Post a Comment