Monday, January 07, 2008

Snow+Traffic= FUN!!

While driving home today in the snow/traffic/low vision I thought about my "favorite" driving experiences.
-Driving a stick (after only driving one a few times before) for 3 hours in Frankfurt, Germany, through think post-soccer match traffic with tons of road work.
-My first day driving in Southern California traffic, getting cut off 5 times, and not knowing where I was going.
-Driving around without a clue where I was in Vancouver getting bullied around all over the place. No one would let me in or even look at me or my car. They were brutal.
-Driving home from Washington coming down a mountain 6% grade in Montana, going 90 miles an hour and having a Semi pull out in front of me...slamming on my brakes and nearly hitting the trailer.
-Driving on I-25 in Denver in heavy rain behind semi's and not knowing where I was in the lane ..yet traffic stayed 60+.
-Driving 4 miles in 3 hours in Ontario, California, on highway 60.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment... not that anyone really cares.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i care. driving is such a vital part of our lives, so it is definitely blog-worthy. thanks for the christmas card. it's prominently posted on my refrigerator, right next to my grocery list and pics of my nephews. feel very special you made the fridge:)

Anonymous said...

We care. Please be careful, but we all have close calls. Only by God's help.
Hope things are going good!
MOM

Angie said...

Where you live, you will definetly see traffic!
I would not be able to handle living in that much craziness!