Sunday, September 02, 2007

Yellow Aster Butte Trail

Today I was invited to go hiking with the band teacher of LCHS Greg van sickle. So, we took off to Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest and hit the trail. Apparently hiking is still very good until the end of October, then snowshoeing is in. The trail had many great views of mount baker and mount shuksan which made the hike a lot easier. I had a very good time getting out into the mountains and seeing some new scenery. Through out the hike I was reminded of Alaska because of the vegetation as well as the lack of dangerous elevation/afternoon showers and lightning. I suppose I am not that far off though. Sweet. Have a good day.


-Mount Baker


-Mount Shuksan


-notice that I am wearing more clothes than usual. It was nice and cold.






-We went off the trail for a while and saw some great views.


-Pond and Mount Shuksan(9,131ft) on the way back down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures!
God made a beautiful world.
Looks like you had a good time.
Have a good week.
LOVE MOM