Thursday, March 29, 2007

Nope, not Arnold.

Like most tuesday's I went to the rec center to work out with Noah. My regular scheduled body sections to lift was chest and triceps. I stuck to the plan and everything was going swell until I decided to take a closer look at an ab workout that some fellas were doing on the decline bench. These guys were no arnold schwarzaneggers, so I figured I might as well try it with them. Brett Kroeze, one of the non-arnolds, warned me that my abs would hurt for a week, but I figured I could take the pain. So I did the work out with them which didn't hurt all that bad at the time. Basically we took a 6 pound ball...leaned our backs parallel with the ground....swung the ball to the left and to the right 6 times....went all the way down on the bench and then all the way back up, then repeated. You probably would need to see it. We finished three sets and called it good.


Yesterday *wednesday* I felt a bit of the sting in my abs. They hurt quite a bit, but it was bearible. It helped that I didn't lift any weights because it was my day off, but I did play an intense intermural basketball game at night. However, the pain increased today...which I really did not expect....and when Noah woke me up to go to my Coaching track and field class....I yawned and tried to get up at the same time....and I cramped up something fierce. I have not been able to walk straight up, laugh, sleep, or do anything normal with out my lower left pelvic ab hurting like hell. I couln't even go to track class....


I guess it just goes to show that I am no arnold either.

2 comments:

Lori said...

You're more like mighty mouse. :)

But seriously, I'm proud of you for working out in the first place! My college work-out experience consisted of 3 semesters of aerobics and whatever other HYPER classes I had to take to graduate.

Chad said...

I think its safe to say we have different strengths...you: amongst many many others...violin, piano, singing, motherhood, caring, listening, patience, and understanding.
Me: sadly...weight lifting.