Sunday, July 25, 2010
Longs Peak
I have done a fair bit of hiking in Colorado, but the one mountain always in the back of my mind was Long's Peak. I have literally been looking at it for 3 years waiting for the right time to hike it. The mountain and the experience blew me away. It was one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen, as well as the best summit view I have ever seen. We started the hike at 330 in the morning which means we got around 2-3 hours of sleep after getting to the campsite. The hike for me was 17 miles (due to hiking from our campsite to our car and from my car to the trailhead). The actual trail is only 14.5. The total elevation change up and down is 10,200ft. The last 1.5 miles of the hike is class 3 (meaning you have to use your hands and feet to get up it, essentially scrambling. It was the hardest and most rewarding hike I have ever done. Enjoy the pictures and trust me that they do it no justice.


















Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! I'm impressed.
That's quite a hike!
Glad you had a good time
and stayed safe.
MOM
dude! you're crazy!
that looks super awesome though. miss you buddy!
Post a Comment