Thursday, October 29, 2009

Contentment

It seems like most of the time we think of contentment as living an OK existence. Not too great not to bad, but good enough. Often times we even use the word content to describe a certain level of disappointment...such as...well I was hoping for _____, but I got ______ instead....o'well I suppose I am content. It doesn't seem to make sense to me.

If contentment is just feeling OK about where we are at...is that what God wants from/for us?

Or is there something more?

John 10:10b "...My purpose is to give life in all its fullness."

"My Grace is enough..."

When I look at the life that God has given me...I can see it in a few different ways some good...some bad, but only one is true...and that is the way He shows it to me.

I have been blessed. We have been blessed. Family...friends...a warm place to sleep...a vehicle...food...and mostly...Gods grace that He gives us in Christ.

When I look at my life with Gods glasses the most existential feeling of Joy exudes out of my heart. I am loved. I look around and see grace everywhere. He has penetrated our hearts and shown that He loves us! We are loved by the creator of the universe...if that in itself bring us a sense of Joy deep in our souls....

I don't think that contentment is a point we get to nor a static complacency that just says "Life is OK". There is more...more than OK....its dynamic...

Contentment in our lives is the daily experience of God's Grace that flows Joy through our hearts.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We should definitely be more content than we act.
We been given more than we can imagine.
MOM