Where Angie has been on a roll, getting the deals on food and other supplies, I have been striking out and getting ticked while doing it.
It all started last night at wal-mart. I hadn't grocery shopped in like 3 1/2 weeks and I had a lot to get. I shopped for an hour working my way from the back of the store to the front. Near the end I looked in my cart and felt really good about my decisions finding both healthy (relatively) and affordable food. HOWEVER, when I got to the front and saw that every line had 15 people in it with their carts overflowing (some with two or three) my excitement quickly faded. I waited for 10 minutes and calculated that I would be waiting for another hour to hour and a half (honestly...why can't friggen wal-mart open one more of the other ten checkouts that were not being used!!)
Soo...I did what anyone with out patience would do. I walked my cart to the back of the store, called a friend, and walked out to my car and went to King Soopers (a colorado grocery story) and shopped for all my groceries again.
If that wasn't enough to tick a guy off, I went to goodwill today and as I watch 5 people attack (literally attack!) the cart of new books to be put on the shelf. They all had their own carts and grabbed as many books as they could as fast as they could. As I stood their watching in awe I could not help but feel like I was in a very primal place. I also felt a little sick. As I walked back to the shelves of books I saw a cart full of books full to the brim...not thinking about what just happen, I started to look at the books (nothing good in it) when I lady came up and said "THOSE ARE MY BOOKS!". I was like "ohh...sorry...I didn't know." (half thinking ..who friggen reads that much!).
That is when I decided that I needed to leave before I caught that sickness and started hoarding books for myself.
On the drive home I also decided that it is worth it to pay a bit more for stuff if you don't have wait for hours or act like a child hoarding all the toys for yourself.
3 comments:
Big cities are toooo busy.
Come back to Sioux Center, there's never 15 people in all the lines.
(Dad agrees about not hoarding and NOT waiting in lines).
MOM
As one of your favorite authors once said... "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world." I.e., probably the best place to learn patience is to be in a situation where patience is required, namely Wal-mart. Man, who would have thought Wal-mart has so much value for our sanctification? :)
Funny!
I feel bad for you. Maybe I should get you some free stuff and bring it down. I definitly think that during the school year I wouldn't have near this much time to devote to planning my shopping. (and I shop during the day so the lines aren't long).
Post a Comment