Thursday, May 29, 2008

Just another day at work...

Today the Brothers summer staff went out for a day away to enjoy some of God's creation and do some team building. We went to Saint Mary's Glacier about 1 hour and 15 minutes away to do some hiking and fishing. Jason did the fishing and everyone else did the hiking. After hiking the mountain I sat on a ridge and looked down the crazy steep snow sticking to the side of the mountain and wondered if I had enough ______ to Glicade (Spelling? Meaning:slide down on my butt) down it. So, after about ten minutes of debating and looking over the edge (which I might add had no paths down it) it leaned over and slid down. The video shows some but the crazier part was farther down where there was only a 15 foot gap between two boulders that I snuck through. Steve and Nate followed after they saw I made it to the bottom alive.

Definitely not a regular day at work...but I sure learned a lot.... Every test we face makes us stronger (as long as we live to learn from it).

I love you all.


-checking out the Saint Mary's Lake...below the glacier(which is actually a snow cap)


-Sarah (nate's girlfriend) nate and steve checking out the view.


-What a view.


-Messing around on a ridge.


-The slide mountain..


-Standing on the edge debating whether or not to go down (and Praying).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks awfully scarey!
Be careful.
Looks like a beautiful area.
MOM

Unknown said...

dude that looks amazing. i need to come visit you in denver soon !!!