First the Dordt PLIA team came to Brothers help out with our volunteer program. So during the days I supervised their work projects which included cleaning out the Yard, Painting two mobile homes, and building/staining four small decks/stairs. Thank goodness the group worked very hard and made my job much easier! Yet, those of you who supervise/teach know that it is much more taxing to keep other people busy/focused/efficient than it is to just do the job yourself. Also a note of little interest::: The one game of Settlers I played against the Dordt team I won :)
So those are the week days,
and the weekend/nights.....
Well, we had another "team" of Dordt students (friends of ours)that kept us busy after work. I believe we had a total of 12 people staying at our townhouse for 10 days. Thursday night: Dart Tourney, Friday Night: Dart Tourney, Saturday: St Patrick's Day Parade Sunday: Rest, Monday night: St Patty's day party, Thursday night: NCAA Tourney Began and my 23rd Birthday party, Friday/Sat: Pack up the troopers and CLEAN!!

-Me Liz,Ryan, and Sean.

-Tim and Me with a dude in the parade
Also, Luke was actually able to unload his stuff from his car today. Which is really nice for him! Now pray that he will be able to get a good job in Denver!
On top of all the fun...I am pretty sure somewhere along the last 10 ten days I picked up strep throat. Thus...the sleeping I would be doing to recover has been less than amazing. I should probably go to the doctor. Maybe I will just go to the pharmacy and see what they can do for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment