Though I did not travel anywhere this weekend St. Patricks day and my Golden birthday kept me plenty busy.
As a proud citizen of America I feel that it is one of my duties to celebrate in the holidays of most of the other countries in which people came from. However, since I am in Holland, only a certain few know about St. Patricks day much less go out and celebrate it. Fortunately, Zwolle has an Irish Pub, 'Sally O'briens', in which we were able to find a few others who knew of the Irish Holiday. We were even 'lucky' enough to be able to hang out with the Irish band that was playing at the pub. We also got suspenders and t-shirts to comemorate our partaking in the celabration at the pub.
Three days after st. patricks day I turned 20. I spend my Golden birthday partaking in the Lords supper at church and hanging out with my host fam for the day. On monday I had a birthday party for the NSPICE crew at the apartment. Although, I am twenty I still feel as though people look at me as if I am younger than I actually am. I have many examples of this back home, but I also had a recent experience at the local high school in which N-SPICErs went to hang out with Dutch kids who were learning english. I asked the students how old they were there responses were respectively 15 or 16. Then without even asking me one of the male students said to me "so you are 18". A little suprised I blurted back "NO!" then he guessed seventeen, completely serious the whole time. I finally said "Im almost twenty" and ended the guessing game. So now I ask to you..... do I look 20?
3 comments:
You look 20, but not a day older.
I'm kidding. You old man, you.
Sad to say, I am actually gaining a little weight. But it works out for the better because. I am trying to look older.
Post a Comment