Saturday, February 19, 2005

Czeched out of Prague

After being in Prague, Czech republic, for a week I found out many things about the city. The first thing I discovered was that it was beautiful. The second thing out was that there is a ton of history there. The third thing I found out in Prague is that beer is cheaper than water.
We traveled all of monday then walked around the city on tuesday, starting at the castle (with a Church in it). On wednesday we drove to the city of Melnik and went to a castle there. Thursday was very solemn as we went to a concentration camp in Terezin. Though it was not a death camp, 15,000 Jews were still killed there. The camp was basically a holding place for the Jews before they were sent to Auschwitz. The camp has a special cemetery for the people who were killed there in WWII.
We took off for home on Friday and drove through the night. Overall the trip was a lot of fun, but the Czech people were not friendly at all. The place seemed very cold all of the time (partially because it was snowing most of the time), and the people all seemed to be really pale. I also found out later that only 39% of Czech people believe in God. I don't know...its interesting. In the words of Bernard " well, I guess"

1 comment:

Chad said...

Yeah, I only drink beer when its the cheapest option....or something.