I made it to Holland! With five delays it seemed to take forever, but at least I here and settled in. The fist night in Holland was spend in a Hostel called shelter city. It was located right inbetween the historical district and the Red light District of Amsterdam. It was a huge culture shock!
While walking around the city I accidentally bumped into crazy Cocaine dealer. He ran after me and stopped me. He then proceeded to threaten to stab me if he ever saw me again. (he said I was interfearing with his biusness) But I made it out Amsterdam and on the 20th I went to Zwolle.
My host family is Bernard and Esther Petter. They are 26 and 24 and very nice people. They are much more informal than some of the other families. Troys family mom and Bernard are brother and sister, so the last couple of nights have been spent at each others houses. They are all really cool people. Most nights so far usually consist of drinking tea or coffee and having snacks from about 8-930, and then having a couple of beers over some conversation.
It seems that more I am here the more simple my english has become. Other than that stuff is a lot similar to the states (northwest Iowa) than I had expected. Church seemed just like at home except it was in Dutch. I am at the Jenssens (troys) and we are going to eat soon.
Soo, have fun in the -50 weather!
Chad
No comments:
Post a Comment